Successful applicants must normally hold a second class honours degree or equivalent. Any candidates with degrees across the Humanities, Social Sciences and (Applied) Sciences, and with an interest in academic writing, are welcome to apply. Applicants who can demonstrate relevant experience at an appropriate professional level but do not have the formal academic entry qualifications may also be admitted, subject to an application and assessment. Applications to the course are encouraged from all suitably qualified persons, irrespective of age, race, gender or disability. The applications and admissions procedure conforms to the University's policy on Equal Opportunities. Applicants who are not native speakers of English need to have a minimum of 6.5 in their IELTS test, with a minimum score of 6.0 in writing. Equivalent qualifications in English language proficiency may be accepted.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Writing Development offers a new type of qualification aimed at graduates and professionals interested in studying, researching, and teaching writing. The course focuses on writing, rhetoric, and literacies research and on the ways this research informs the teaching of writing. The programme is based upon Coventry University’s international reputation in the teaching of academic writing at the Centre for Academic Writing.
As part of the programme, you will be:
- teaching academic writing;
- supporting the research writing of academics and other professionals;
- developing professional academic writing development techniques;
- writing programme management and development.
As students on the Academic Writing course you will be able to:
- teach academic writing to students;
- develop and manage a writing programme;
- support professional academic writing for publication, including publication-writing in English as an additional language.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321