Thsi course is open to professionally qualified physiotherapists. Applicants should normally hold an honours degree or a diploma in physiotherapy and evidence of continuing professional development. Students whose first language is not English will normally be asked to meet the standard requirements for University entrance at this level: TOEFL (paper based) 550, TOEFL (computer based) 230, IELTS 6.5 Admission will be by interview, in addition to the University application form supported by two references.
Months of entry
This clinically focused course will develop your knowledge and skills in assessment, clinical reasoning and treatment, in the core areas of physiotherapy practice.
The course aims to produce therapists who have strong clinical and communication skills, who can also influence practice and service delivery, working in line with government initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to:
- gain in-depth knowledge of the theory underpinning evidence based physiotherapy,
- reflect and apply theoretical knowledge to physiotherapy practice,
- gain the skills, concepts and knowledge related to advanced physiotherapy practice to strengthen a career in physiotherapy,
- critically analyse relevant literature,
- evaluate clinical practice,
- gain the appropriate intellectual skills, in order to meet the demands of a more advanced professional role,
- understand the importance of research and the evaluation of clinical outcomes in the development of professional knowledge and practice.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Unit
- +44(0)24 7679 5958
- + 44 (0)24 7688 8051