A good quality honours degree or equivalent. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. Work experience is desirable but not essential.
English as a foreign language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
January, October, May
More and more organisations recognise that finding (and keeping) the best talent, and getting the most out of them, is critical to their future success. This MBA course will prepare you for a career in HR leadership – helping a wide range of organisations to grow and prosper.
Study for this MBA and you could build a successful strategic management career, developing people in the complex and fast-changing world of the contemporary workplace. You’ll graduate with a solid understanding of how and why people function at work, and of the relevant legal frameworks governing human resource management. You’ll also deepen your understanding of how to find, develop and engage the most appropriate talent for any organisation.
You’ll study at our exciting London campus – either full-time for 1 year or part-time for 2 years. Upon successful completion, you’ll be awarded the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Advanced Diploma in HRM, and you could also obtain the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This superb MBA course is closely connected to the world of employment, offering work experience opportunities as well as the chance to mix with a range of employers through guest lectures and networking. Your understanding of other cultures and work contexts will be deepened thanks to trips overseas, as well as being part of a student cohort from all over the world.
You’ll be taught by academics who are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and who have extensive experience working in industry. They will work hard to connect you with opportunities for work experience and other chances to mix with employers, including participation in UK and international field trips – which in the past have included Switzerland, France and Japan.
Your studies will take a globalised approach, preparing you to work across cultures and potentially anywhere in the world. You’ll learn to track and respond to significant and far-reaching economic, social, technological and geo-political changes affecting the contemporary workplace – changes which demand different patterns of thinking and behaviour from those who wish to manage and lead.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The MBA International Human Resource Management has been developed to provide graduates with the opportunity to acquire high level expertise in strategic business, and commercial competencies needed for an international context.
The learning and assessment of the International Human Resource Management MBA reflect an action learning approach and is focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
International Human Resource Management Modules include:
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Sustainable Strategy: from Planning to Implementation
- Marketing in a Global Age; Employability and Consulting Skills
- Leading in a Changing World
- Finance, Funding and Legislative Frameworks for Success
- Business and Management Research Methods or Entrepreneurship: Creating a Business Opportunity
- Global Human Resource Management Strategies
- International Organisational Development; Developing People
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Internship, Simulation, Entrepreneurship or Dissertation
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
- Each module is delivered weekly over a 10 week period. Each weekly delivery consists of a one hour Knowledgecast session, a one hour seminar session and a two hour group activity session;
- Students will be supported by a module coordinator and industry experts;
- Regular consultations during the final project;
- Peer interaction and collaboration via Coventry University’s online learning platform.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Through a mixture of seminar and workshop activities, debates, presentations and written assignments, individual and group programme work.
- With all of our assessments our aim is to encourage students to be in a position to demonstrate subject knowledge and develop professional skills such as professional report writing, structuring a logical argument, analysing data or making a compelling presentation.
Information for international students
+44 (0) 24 7765 2152
Click here for more information.
Fees and funding
Coventry University London is delighted to have recently launched a number of scholarships to UK and International students. You can find out more about our Scholarships by viewing our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment
- +44 (0) 24 7765 4321