Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The equivalent of a UK first or upper second class honours degree with evidence on your degree transcript of strong grades in statistical modules in your second, third or fourth year and that your programme contained an Economics component. Check the full list of equivalent qualifications.
Months of entry
Our MSc programmes in Economics will give you the opportunity to equip yourself with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career in economics and related disciplines.
The programme consists of a set of core and elective modules, culminating in a practice- based business project or a research-based dissertation.
Core and elective modules:
You will study:
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Environmental Economics and Policy
- Natural Resource Management
Based on your prior knowledge and experience you will be streamed to study one of the following module pairings:
- Econometrics I and Econometrics II
- Econometrics I and Microeconometrics
- Econometric Methods and Microeconometrics
- Econometric Methods and Financial Modelling and Business Forecasting
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Durham Business School