We welcome applications from those with revelant equivalent Level 6 qualifications. Our typical applicants hold an undergraduate degree of 2:2 or above, or equivalent experience and an demonstrable interest in the subject.
We'll also welcome your application if you have formal or 'certified' learning (such as training courses not run by universities or colleges) and learning from work experience or self-study. This is called Accreditation of Prior Learning (APEL), and should have been gained within the last five years, and be equivalent to the learning outcomes of our minimum entry qualifications.
Months of entry
Develop your individual critical voice through this transformative, studio-based Communication Design master's course. You’ll benefit from frequent industry contact and expert tutors and work in an interdisciplinary studio environment, preparing you for a range of careers in the creative industries.
Learning within an industry-focused environment, you’ll stay current by engaging with projects and insights supplied by leading global ‘provocateurs’, including writers, scientists, artists, curators and designers.
- Access our purpose-built studio environment, which mirrors leading contemporary design studios
- Attend lectures by award-winning designers, practitioners and agencies, which have previously included Pentagram, Lewis Moberly, Wiedemann Lampe, Pentagram, Visual Editions, Wolfe Hall, Trapped in Suburbia
- Develop interdisciplinary creative skills and a portfolio relevant to multiple sectors including graphic design, branding, service design, publication design, exhibition design, UX design, design for social impact, art direction and copywriting
- Learn the research skills necessary for an in-depth, critical engagement with a given subject
- Gain commercial experience through industry-focused engagements
On this Communication Design MA course, you’ll go on a progressive learning journey via three study blocks: Deconstruction, Reconstruction, and Reinvention. This format allows you to unpack your existing skills and interests, and learn to answer complex communications problems by considering global issues and experimental approaches. You’ll then explore new insights and build towards your final MA project.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44(0) 1326 254350