UK Honours degree 2:2 or equivalent and evidence of creative writing experience.
Evidence of creative writing experience
In the personal statement section of the application form, candidates must demonstrate evidence of prior interest and/or achievement in writing fiction for television and/or the general field of creative writing.
This must be supported by samples of personal creative writing (up to three short pieces such as: short stories, scene from play or screenplay). These works do not need to have been published or performed.
Additionally, applicants must make a clear and unequivocal statement of why they wish to pursue a career in television writing.
Candidates will also be required to attend and pass an interview and test as part of the application process. The test will consist of a previously unseen scripting exercise conducted under class test conditions.
Months of entry
Get the training, connections and experiences you need to make your mark in television. GCU's MA TV Fiction Writing masters degree is the only full-time masters degree focusing solely on writing TV drama for the UK.
Created in close collaboration with industry to maximise your employment opportunities, the MATV masters degree from Glasgow Caledonian University provides you with a full range of industry experiences and supports you in developing your own original drama.
- Instruction from both academic experts and top TV scriptwriters in British television
- Working in class on current television shows with guest speakers from those shows
- Individual mentoring from experienced television professionals
- Direct access to producers and commissioners
- Support from a professional script doctor
- Opportunity to graduate with two calling card scripts ready to take to market We'll teach you to story conference, storyline and edit scripts - all with direct input from the BBC, STV and other independent producers and writers.
Study your postgraduate masters degree with us and benefit from the university’s global reputation for academic excellence - combining academic theory with practical skills in a thriving and diverse community that shares a belief in the common good.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)141 331 8630