About Glion Institute of Higher Education - London Campus
For over 50 years, Glion has set the standards for excellence in hotel management studies in Switzerland and around the world. In August 2013 a new campus opened in London and is offering a global education experience that combines Glion's renowned hospitality business programs and the Swiss “hands-on” teaching methods and internships.
Glion is a well-known and reputable provider of postgraduate and MBA programs and the Glion Online MBA program in hospitality and service industries management is a world first. Glion is now extending its postgraduate and master programs to its campus in London.
Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration
Glion has designed a specific 18-month postgraduate diploma program in hospitality management to give career-changers the foundation skills for hospitality operations management, plus the business skills to run any service organization.
The program features:
- Management courses.
- Hands-on supervisory experience in operations at our campus in Switzerland.
- A six-month professional internship in a hospitality related business.
The postgraduate curriculum allows mature students to develop the skills and knowledge they need to start a new career in hospitality management, or open their own hospitality business.
The reputation of Glion is also due to its strong commitment in employing highly qualified and experienced faculty and professional instructors. Glion has almost 100 full-time and part-time faculty across its three campus locations in Glion, Bulle and London.
With the majority of faculty holding Masters degrees or higher, there is a continual focus on research. With an emphasis on applied research for the hospitality, tourism and leisure industries, the aim is to provide distinctive research in a competitive and continual changing business environment. Research topics and themes include, for example, Cultural and Community Tourism, Economic Indices and Tourism Economics.
Why study at Glion?
- 50 Years of Excellence - Glion has over 50 years of successful partnerships with major global companies, resulting in a proven track record of career placement opportunities for our graduating students.
- Three Campuses - With two campuses in Switzerland, and one in London, Glion provides students with a choice of international study locations.
- Unique Curriculum - The programs foster learning beyond the classroom to encourage student's professional development, leadership abilities and business skills.
- Inter-Campus technology - Our online programs and campus resources collaborate to offer an interactive teaching methodology that is centred around students.
- International Faculty - Glion's faculty members are leaders in their field and have educational qualifications required for the courses they teach.
Glion London Campus
The Glion London campus, part of the University of Roehampton in southwest London, is located in historical buildings that have been refurbished into modern teaching and learning spaces. Students benefit from the full services and facilities of the university, a friendly community with more than 130 student nationalities.
Based at Whitelands College, one of the four colleges that make up the Roehampton campus, students can enjoy all the university has to offer, including being part of the student union allowing them access to over 50 sports, clubs and activities while benefiting from being part of the wider university student body.
Glion London is a residential campus with rooms being available for postgraduate students, or they can live off campus if they wish.
Student accommodation is at Whitelands College, which is a 10 minute walk from the main campus. All rooms are single with ensuite bathroom with shared kitchen facilities.
While completing craft based learning in Switzerland students will be accommodated in twin rooms.
Glion maintains a rolling admissions policy which means that the applicant's credentials are evaluated as soon as the application is received, with all the pertinent information.
- Normally 24 years old and above.
- Applicants must have a university degree, or equivalent, or three years of work experience (not necessarily hospitality based).
- All applicants must be an EU, EEA, Swiss or British Overseas Territory national.
If you are not a native English speaker you must have successfully completed one of the English tests below in the past 12 months.
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 550 points for the paper based test or 80 on the internet based test.
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): Grade A.
- Cambridge Advanced Exam (CAE): Grade C.
- I.E.L.T.S. Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score of 5.5 and min. 5.5 for each part (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
How to apply
To find out more information on Glion London and the postgraduate program visit www.glion.edu and either request more information or start your application.
- Contact name
- Skype: marcus.burnett2
- c/- Whitelands College
- Holybourne Avenue
- SW15 4JD
- +44 (0)7794 848939