About Goldsmiths, University of London
Founded in 1891, and part of the University of London since 1904, Goldsmiths has a rich academic history but we’re also known for our creative approach.
At Goldsmiths we aim to provide a creative, supportive and scholarly environment to study for a Masters or research degree.
We offer postgraduate programmes in subjects covering the arts, humanities, social sciences, cultural studies, computing, and entrepreneurial business and management. From the moment you enrol you’ll be part of a powerful legacy of learning.
No other university has had such an impact on popular culture – read the stories of some of our stellar alumni, and find out about the exciting research being carried out by our pioneering academics.
- We're ranked 9th in the UK for world-leading 4* research (Research Assessment Exercise)
- You’ll be taught by and will debate with the best in the field: our academics are the people who are carrying out pioneering developments in subjects as diverse as solving biological puzzles and policing Twitter
- We offer financial support including scholarships, bursaries, fee waivers and studentships to many postgraduate applicants
- We'll strive to support your future career with our Careers Service, work placements and industry links
- We've been recognised as one of the UK's top creative universities as voted for by students (Which? University Student Survey 2016)
- Seven winners of the Turner Prize – and almost a quarter of those shortlisted for the award since it began – have been former students
- Our London zone 2 campus is a great base for connecting with the creative and cultural industries in the capital
Goldsmiths is the perfect place to see the world differently. Built on our academics’ own research and incredibly interdisciplinary, our postgraduate programmes give you the chance to delve into subjects you won’t find just anywhere. From curating exhibitions to creating documentaries, at Goldsmiths you’ll be limited by nothing but your imagination.
You’ll be taught by and will debate with the best in the field: our academics are the people carrying out world-leading research in everything from media ownership to the next tech revolution.
You’ll have the chance to work with academic staff as colleagues, and exchange ideas of your own. You will also be able to attend our packed events programme, which could expose you to fresh ideas and connections you’d never considered.
It’s one of the reasons that we’ve been ranked first in London for our high quality and helpful staff (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014).
Financial support/funding your studies
If you are considering postgraduate study with us, there are several types of funding that may be available to you from Goldsmiths, research councils and external sources.
- Goldsmiths postgraduate scholarships and bursaries
- Departmental awards
- PhD studentships - Multi-million pound funding for PhDs in the arts and humanities, computing, creative industries and the social sciences, including AHRC funding and ESRC Doctoral Training Studentships
To find out more about your funding options visit our funding webpage.
Helping you shape your career
At Goldsmiths we nurture creative talent and enquiring minds. Whether you have a clear idea of what you want to do, or you’re open to the unexpected opportunities that a postgraduate degree might present, we’re here to support you in taking your next steps towards an exciting career.
Goldsmiths Careers Service can offer you a wide range of facilities including help to support your chosen career path, whether you’re looking for an internship or wanting to explore self-employment.
Our graduates have gone one to work for the BBC, Arts Council, Channel 4, Mind, Penguin Ltd, Sony, Tate and many others.
London living in a small campus community
We are small but mighty – a close-knit community based on a single-site campus within London’s vibrant New Cross, an area that’s been described by The New York Times as a hub of creative talent. It’s just a short journey away from the centre of London, and all of the facilities, opportunities and entertainment it offers.
An impressive heritage
Former Goldsmiths students are shaping the socio-cultural landscape on a global scale, and include Oscar-winning filmmaker Steve McQueen, Mercury Prize winner James Blake, and seven recipients of the Turner Prize.
We offer a broad range of postgraduate taught and research degrees with subject areas covering the arts, humanities, social sciences, cultural studies and creative business and management.
Our subject areas include:
- Arts Administration and Cultural Policy
- Community Studies
- Digital Media
- PGCE/ Teacher Training
- Education: Higher Degrees
- English & Comparative Literature
- English for Academic Purposes (for international students)
- Institute for Creative & Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Institute of Management Studies
- International Pathways (for international students)
- Media & Communications
- Religious Studies
- Social Work
- Theatre and Performance
- Therapeutic Studies
- Visual Cultures
+44 (0)20 7919 7766 [Home/EU enquirers]
email@example.com [Home/EU enquirers]
+44 (0)20 7919 7702 [international enquirers]
firstname.lastname@example.org [international enquirers]
- Social media accounts