- An undergraduate degree in mathematical sciences or allied fields (statistics, economics, etc.) or computer science, with a strong interest in health science
- Practical knowledge of computer scripting and programming, as well as experience with a statistical computing package such as R or Python
- Calculus through multivariable integration
- One semester of linear algebra or matrix methods
- Excellent written and spoken English
Additional research or work experience would be considered beneficial, but not required. Evidence that these requirements have been fulfilled should form part of the application. Online courses that offer certificates upon successful completion can fulfill the above requirements.
Months of entry
This is a 3-semester taught Master of Health in Data Science offered by the Harvard School of Public Health.
The program has a core curriculum comprising computing and data science skills, an epidemiology requirement, a additional computing requirement to ehance your programing skills and will culminate in a research experience that tests all competencies through a semester-long project-based research course. This course will allow students to immerse themselves in multiple health data science projects in public health and biomedical science.
Students also have options to enrol in a wide range of elective courses.
Fees and funding
Both of these awards offer full tuition and health insurance coverage and a generous stipend towards living expenses. They are offered annually in competition.
Please note that you will need to submit your application to either or both awards ahead of the deadline for your Harvard application. Kennedy Scholarship and Frank Knox Fellowship applications are to be made online via their websites between mid-August and late-October in the same application season as you will submit your application to Harvard. Awards made at interview in London in January are provisional, pending confirmation of a place on the course.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time20 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- HSPH Admissions
- 001 617 432 1031