You don’t need any previous accounting experience or qualifications to start studying the AAT short qualification, just a willingness to learn. It’s ideal if you’re a school or university leaver, or thinking of changing career, and want to try AAT without making a commitment to the full qualification.
Months of entry
These entry-level qualifications give you the skills to become a bookkeeper, and you’ll gain an industry-recognised qualification. Plus, you’ll have the option to move onto the full AAT qualification with exemptions when you finish.
We offer three different short qualifications:
- Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping - (Level 2, FCIB), comprises of two units (also known as subjects).
- Foundation Award in Accounting Software - (Level 2, FIAS) is made up of one unit.
- Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping - (Level 3, ACIB) comprises of three units.
If you take and pass all three qualifications, you can become a Professional AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Services