You don’t need any qualifications to study the Foundation-level qualifications, just a willingness to learn. They are a great place to start if you’re new to accountancy, or work in finance and have no accountancy credentials.
Months of entry
ACCA Foundations is the perfect place to start if you are new to accountancy, or if you’re already working in finance but have no formal qualifications. You can achieve certificates and diplomas along the way before progressing onto the ACCA qualification.
There are no minimum entry requirements - you can start at any level. However, it’s recommended you start at Level 2 if you have no formal qualifications, especially if it’s been a while since you completed any studies. ACCA Foundations begins at GCSE level and progresses up to the equivalent of the first year of a bachelor's degree.
ACCA Foundations comprises a number of awards:
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (Level 2) - 2 subjects: Recording Financial Transactions (FA1) and Management Information (MA1)
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (Level 3) - 2 subjects: Managing Financial Records (FA2) and Managing Costs and Finance (MA2)
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 4) - Accountant in Business (FAB), Management Accounting (FMA), and Financial Accounting (FFA)
- Certified Accounting Technician - the ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business plus two exams from the following, and one year's relevant practical experience in an accounting role, to show you can use your knowledge from the exams in the workplace.
- FTX - Foundations in Taxation
- FFM - Foundations in Financial Management
- FAU - Foundations in Audit
You’ll also need to complete a professionalism and ethics module, called Foundations in Professionalism, before you can be awarded any of the Foundation-level qualifications. This is an online, interactive module which will help you understand what it means to act professionally and ethically at work. It can be completed before or after your Foundation-level exams, at your own pace.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Services