You should normally have, or be about to complete:
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant computing, IT or data management experience. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either managerial or professional capacity normally in computing, IT or data-related employment which may include development, management or significant responsibility in use of IT or data.
If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
As these programmes are delivered 100% online, you will be required to have access to a desktop computer or laptop of which you have administrative rights which allows you to install software as required. To ensure you can engage with the programmes easily, we would highly recommend utilising a Windows, Mac, or Linux device. Access to Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) is required (and is included at no extra cost to Keele Students), in addition to the ability to open pdf files via programs such as Acrobat.
Some modules have additional technical and software requirements which are listed on our course page linked below.
Months of entry
January, March, May, June, November
From 2019-2020, the global AI software market grew 54% year-on-year to $22.6 billion, with similarly impressive annual growth rates forecast for the coming years (Statista 2020). The online MSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence from Keele University has been carefully designed to develop the knowledge and skills required to take advantage of the exponential growth of this sector and excel in artificial intelligence careers.
With no prior academic or professional experience in computer science or artificial intelligence required to enrol on the course, it is ideally suited to forward-thinking and progressive individuals who wish to embark on an exciting new career in this high-growth field. It also represents an opportunity for professionals who currently work in computer science roles and are looking to either specialise in artificial intelligence or to accelerate their career progression.
The course equips you with in-demand skills and prepares you for a wide range of careers with the fast-growing list of companies who are investing in harnessing the power of AI to improve their services and products, including: online markets; online music and video delivery; automated operations in factories and warehouses; and automated intelligent customer support services.
Once enrolled, you will join a community of tutors and peers in an online learning environment that has been carefully designed to enable collaboration and facilitate peer-to-peer learning, with discussion groups via online forums and multimedia academic content central to the interactive nature of the online learning experience. You will be assigned a dedicated Keele Student Success Coordinator, who will proactively support you throughout your studies, from enrolment all the way through to graduation.
This programme is delivered 100% online, 2 years part-time.
Information for international students
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Fees and funding
For information related to fees and funding, please visit the individual course page on the Keele University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Entry for September 2023 also available.
Course contact details
- 100% Online Queries