Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should normally have, or be about to complete:
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree or a UK master’s degree (or international equivalent).
- A third-class honours degree or an ordinary degree (without honours) or UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years’ appropriate work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates a minimum of three years’ relevant computing, IT or data management experience. The evidence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either managerial or professional capacity normally in computing, IT or data-related employment which may include development, management or significant responsibility in use of IT or data.
If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
As these programmes are delivered 100% online, you will be required to have access to a desktop computer or laptop of which you have administrative rights which allows you to install software as required. To ensure you can engage with the programmes easily, we would highly recommend utilising a Windows, Mac, or Linux device. Access to Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) is required (and is included at no extra cost to Keele Students), in addition to the ability to open pdf files via programs such as Acrobat.
Some modules have additional technical and software requirements which are listed on our course page linked below.
Months of entry
January, March, May, June, November
The big data analytics market is forecast to grow at an annual growth rate of 29.7% and will be worth $40.6 billion by 2023 (Global Big Data Analytics Forecast to 2023, Frost and Sullivan). The online MSc Computer Science with Data Analytics from Keele University has been carefully designed to develop the knowledge and skills required to capitalise on the acute skills gap in this fast-growing area and succeed in computer science and data analytics careers.
With no prior academic or professional experience in computer science or data science required for admission, the programme is intended for proactive individuals who wish to embark on an exciting new career in this high growth field. Equally, it is also for professionals who currently work in computer science and data analytics roles and are looking for an academic qualification to accelerate their career progression.
The course equips you with sought after skills in a high demand field and prepares you for a wide range of careers at the numerous companies who are investing in the use of data analytics to support the delivery of superior services and products, such as investment analysis, customer satisfaction analysis and the monitoring of environmental pollution.
You will learn in a highly engaging and interactive online learning environment that has been expressly designed to facilitate collaboration and peer-to-peer learning, featuring discussion groups and online forums. Each student will be assigned a dedicated Keele Student Success Coordinator, who will provide you with all of the support you need from enrolment through to graduation.
This programme is delivered 100% online, 2 years part-time.
Information for international students
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept the following qualifications:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 79
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Duolingo with 95 overall including minimum 85 in each element
- A degree qualification taught in English and completed within the last two years
Fees and funding
For information related to fees and funding, please visit the individual course page on the Keele University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Entry for September 2023 also available.
Course contact details
- 100% Online Queries