A Bachelor’s degree with 2:1 (Upper Second Class) honours is required in one of the following subject areas:
- Computer Science or Computing
- Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics or Statistics
- Natural Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Geographic Information Systems
- Operations Research
Months of entry
The Data Science MSc provides advanced technical and practical skills in the collection, collation, curation and analysis of data. This is an ideal study pathway for graduates with a background in quantitative subjects, or who possess relevant work experience, who want to gain experience in current methods and techniques of data science.
- Located in central London, giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- The Department of Informatics has a reputation for delivering research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
- 92 per cent of research outputs ranked as world leading or internationally excellent – confirming the department’s position as a world-class institution for research in Computer Science (REF 2014).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions