Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelor's degree with a high (minimum of 65%) 2:1 honours (or international equivalent) in Computer Science or another relevant quantitative discipline (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Natural Science, Electronic Engineering, General Engineering, Operations Research, or a joint degree in two such subjects). Applicants should also have a sound background in basic mathematics, in particular familiarity with standard concepts of calculus, trigonometry, linear algebra, vectors and matrix mathematics. In addition, applicants should be competent in computer programming, close to the level expected at the end of the first year of a BSc honours degree in computer science.
Months of entry
Our Data Science MSc provides advanced technical and practical skills in the collection, collation, curation and analysis of data. This is an ideal study pathway for graduates with a background in quantitative subjects, or who possess relevant work experience, who want to gain experience in current methods and techniques of data science.
- 6th in the UK for Computer Science (QS World Rankings by subject 2020).
- 92% of research outputs ranked as world leading or internationally excellent in Computer Science (REF 2014).
- Friendly and supportive learning environment, with students from across the globe.
- Located in central London, giving you easy access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions