Diploma in Professional Studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) or a degree in Dental Technology with two years' post-qualification technical experience. Overseas applicants will not be expected to have completed the Diploma in Professional Studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) but must have a focused interest in maxillofacial and craniofacial technology.
Months of entry
Our ground-breaking course provides training to a specialist level for dental technicians, maxillofacial prosthetists and dentists.
Students are exposed to multiple teaching styles which include consultant-led clinics, chair-side guidance, small group work and close mentoring, with emphasis on the importance of evidence base in the literature. Instruction is consistent with the demands of the IMPT Curriculum for Maxillofacial Prosthodontics and recognises how this interrelates with other rehabilitation skills.
- Clinical consultation and hands-on patient treatment.
- Advanced technology, including 3D imaging/ modelling and 3D surgical planning.
- Pre-operative planning and creation of anatomical models from digital data.
- Participation in surgical observations and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Dissertation, including research methodology and experimental work.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details