Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A dental qualification plus at least two years post-qualification experience.
Months of entry
Our Paediatric Dentistry MSc offers you teaching in all aspects of paediatric dentistry, including a hands-on laboratory module in operative dentistry for children. Our course includes diagnosis, treatment planning and delivery of care requiring non-pharmacological behaviour management strategies and for those requiring oral rehabilitation under sedation or general anaesthesia.
- Opportunities to see and treat a broad spectrum of patients at Guy's, King's College and St. Thomas' hospitals which are the major referral units in London and the south-east of England.
- Experience at the Evelina Children's Hospital with children who have special medical problems
- Six clinical sessions per week, including personal patient treatment, trauma clinics, A&E, multidisciplinary and operative treatment
Overseas students may have the opportunity to undertake supervised clinical practice for a further (third) year by taking a Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Clinical Dental Practice (60 credits). Details are available on request. This will typically involve 300 hours of clinical practice and 300 hours of non-clinical academic training. Candidates will be invited to apply and will only be eligible on passing the MSc Paediatric Dentistry at first attempt and achieving at least a Merit in the Paediatric Dentistry Clinical module (Part 3).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Professor Marie Therese Hosey
- +44 (0) 20 3299 6165