Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must have been awarded a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) in Midwifery with Registration (all fields) with an overall average mark of 55% or above (or overseas equivalent). Applicants are also required to have studied research methods at a postgraduate level.
Months of entry
An MSc could really improve your chances of progressing from working as a midwife to a matron or specialist role. Building on the skills and knowledge from your PG Diploma in Midwifery, you can now apply these to a completing a dissertation.
You’ll have the opportunity to influence an area of current practice, using the latest clinical evidence to suggest changes to improve the quality of a service. As you’ll choose your own dissertation option, you can focus on an area you’re passionate about.
During this programme you’ll develop your critical thinking and analytical skills while learning how to use new research to support your clinical role.
- We’re the number one nursing faculty in the UK and 2nd in the world (2019 QS World University Subject Rankings)
- You’ll learn from internationally renowned clinicians and academics who have extensive midwifery experience
- You’ll develop the skills you need to take your career to the next level
- Attend extracurricular seminars and lectures by leading healthcare experts from around the world
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team