Bachelor's degree with at least 2:1 honours (or overseas equivalent) in psychology/medicine/nursing/social work/education from a UK university or the overseas equivalent plus one year full time postgraduate experience working with children or adolescents with mental health problems. A 2:2 degree may be considered only where applicants also has substantial clinical experience Applicants whose qualifications have been gained outside the UK will be checked by the Admissions Office to establish equivalency with these standards before an offer is sent and applicants will need to demonstrate at interview that their background and experience, general education and scholarship are appropriate.
Months of entry
This is a unique course for international and UK-based psychiatrists, paediatricians and psychologists as well as allied professionals leading to enhanced clinical and research skills in child and adolescent mental health. Strengths of the course are the comprehensive content with strong research and clinical focus, taught by leading figures in the field.
- Opportunity to be taught by leading academics in the field, including: Professor Derek Bolton, Professor Patrick Bolton, Professor Robert Goodman, Professor Sir Michael Rutter, Professor Stephen Scott, Professor Emily Simonoff, Professor Eric Taylor.
- Chance to engage in innovative research.
- Work with a variety of specialist clinicians.
- Obtain an established course qualification which has gained international credibility.
- Supervised clinical placement.
- Innovative web-based clinical learning to supplement direct experience.
- Optional teaching in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Therapeutic Assessment for Self-Harm and Kiddie Schedule for Schizophrenia and Affective Disorders – Present and Lifetime Version (KSADS-PL
Information for international students
For students whose first language is not English please visit our website for further information: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/international/index.aspx
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for more information: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-and-funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Helen Stacey
- +44 (0)20 7848 0179