Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A professional mental health qualification (e.g. clinical psychologist, mental health nurse, BACP accredited counsellor) with relevant clinical experience. Clinical Psychologist applications are accepted without post qualifying experience due to the nature of the Clinical Psychology training.
Those without a core profession who have at least two years’ post-qualification experience and are able to demonstrate they meet the required KSA criteria (please see the IAPT website for further information)
Months of entry
Our Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT) course provides practical, intensive and detailed training to equip you with the necessary skills to become an independent CBT practitioner in accordance with the BABCP guidelines. You will work in Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services and train in evidence-based CBT for adults with depression and anxiety disorders.
- Teaching from experts at the cutting edge of CBT development.
- Latest developments in CBT.
- Longest running UK-based CBT course.
- Multidisciplinary teaching team from the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) and South London & Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust clinical units.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7848 0886