To apply for this course, you need 120 credits at level 7 in a human resources related subject. All candidates must demonstrate their motivation and ability to work at postgraduate level. Students need to be well-prepared, self-disciplined and able to manage their time and workload effectively.
Months of entry
Our Human Resource Management MSc top-up course provides a quick and flexible way for students who have completed a PgDip in human resource management (HRM) to 'top-up' to a full Human Resource Management MSc.
The course is carefully designed to meet employers' needs and is recognised for its quality, giving you the tools you need to succeed in senior human resources roles, executive training and development roles.
- Kingston Business School has 30 years' experience of running human resources programmes.
- Notable alumni.
- Excellent networking opportunities.
- From Research to Practice seminar series (co-presented by an HR academic and HR practitioner), jointly organised with the CIPD and delivered by leading HR managers, recruitment specialists and talent and development consultants alongside Kingston's own expert academics.
- Programmes taught by Kingston University's expert staff and leading researchers, alongside many guest speakers, visiting professors and Fellows in Kingston Business School's renowned Centre for Research in Employability, Skill and Society.
- Proximity to the CIPD headquarters and library.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
Following an induction programme that prepares you for intensive study, you will build a solid knowledge of research methods and develop the academic skills to put theory into practice.
The programme consists of a research methods and dissertation module. This guides you through all stages of a research project step by step, from developing and clarifying the research idea to writing up the final dissertation. You will learn about:
- literature review;
- research design;
- qualitative and quantitative data collection methods; and
- data analysis techniques.
Your dissertation will look at an HR issue in depth. You will be given supervision as you analyse and structure the problem, examine relevant source material, carry out research and produce an action-orientated report on your findings.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/human-resource-management-msc-top-up/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928