We value work experience as highly as academic qualifications when selecting students for this course. We look for candidates who can not only support each other throughout the programme, but also contribute to the kind of lively classroom discussions that enhance and cement learning. PgCert/PgDip/MSc programme Entry to this programme is assessed on either academic attainment or work experience. You will need: - a good honours degree from a UK university (or an equivalent qualification from a recognised international higher education provider) in a relevant discipline. This is usually health or social sciences, though other qualifications at honours degree level are acceptable; or - at least four years' work experience in middle or senior management, including participation in appropriate training events; and - candidates need to demonstrate their motivation and ability to work at postgraduate level: they must be well prepared, disciplined and able to manage their time and workload effectively. MSc top-up programme Candidates must have a Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership and Management in Health (a level 7 qualification worth 120 credits). Advanced standing admission Advanced standing can be given for relevant educational or professional achievements. The Kingston University procedures for the assessment of prior learning (APL) and prior experiential learning (APEL) will be applied.
Months of entry
This course gives practising clinicians and health service managers a step up to the next level, and provides first-class training in key competencies for those who want to enter this sector. The programme offers both academic rigour and the practical skills to apply what you have learned to the workplace. Graduates leave the course as dynamic, forward-thinking healthcare professionals and service managers who excel in their field.
- Get the best of both worlds with a highly flexible modular programme that combines face-to-face lectures, seminars and workshops that foster a learning community with online study that fits alongside your work commitments.
- Work with the latest research and learn modelling and theories that you can use to analyse and improve your organisation straight away.
- Learn how to manage people, budgets, information, marketing and quality, as well as how to navigate organisational change and think creatively. Enhance your leadership skills and gain a critical understanding of research into leadership and management.
- Study with staff who all have experience within the healthcare sector, on a course that applies to public, private and voluntary sectors in the UK and internationally. Kingston Business School is a principal member of the Institute of Leadership and Management in Health (ILMH), and you will benefit from regular guest speakers, as well as the everyday experiences that other students bring from their workplaces.
- Study in the happiest and safest area in London, with fast transport links to the rest of the city.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study
You will start with an induction programme that introduces you to the modules and the aims of the course, and helps you plan your study around your professional commitments.
You will then move on to the course material.
You can take advantage of professional and leadership development activities throughout the course. You will also get plenty of opportunities to broaden your knowledge through events arranged by ILMH.
The programme you will follow depends on which qualification you want to pursue – choose from:
- Postgraduate Certificate;
- Postgraduate Diploma;
- Masters degree (MSc); and
- Masters top-up.
Students who enrol for an MSc or PgDip from the outset usually complete their studies within two years. Students who complete the PgDip successfully can convert this to an MSc by completing the Masters top-up.
Each qualification has a different set of module requirements.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 6.0. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we'll consider. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/studying-at-kingston/language-requirements/
Fees and funding
Please see http://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate-course/leadership-management-health-msc/fees-and-bursaries.html for further details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0844 8544971/+44(0)203 308 9928