Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The minimum entry qualifications for the field are:
- a BA(Hons) degree (or its equivalent) in a related or appropriate subject. However, each application is considered on its own merits and therefore previous experience and qualifications may be taken into account.
Typical entry qualifications set for entrants to the field:
- at least a 2.2 or preferably a 2.1. BA(Hons) degree (or its equivalent) in a related or appropriate subject. Each application is considered on its own merits and all candidates are interviewed.
- International and mature students with relevant experiences, interest, motivation and commitment are welcomed.
Months of entry
On this MA Photography degree you will embark on a fascinating journey of visual experimentation and theoretical contextualisation in exploring the boundaries of the photographic through practice-led research.
You will develop a major body of practical work for exhibition over the 17-month course in a supportive and dynamic environment culminating in a final show at Kingston School of Art.
The course encourages a rich interdisciplinary approach that crosses the boundaries between different forms, disciplines and subject matters that engage with the expanded definition of the photographic medium (analogue and digital, new media and technology, still and moving image, installation; performance and the archive).
Our modules are designed to help you become an independent practitioner who speaks across a wide range of practices and theories reflecting on the technological, political, environmental and social role of the photographic.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirement, which is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 5.5. Make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we consider.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements could be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course.
Applicants from a recognised majority English speaking countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time17 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 08448 544973/+44 (0)20 3308 9930