- Registered clinician in a relevant healthcare field.
- At least two years' full-time clinical experience.
- Evidence of the academic potential needed to study at postgraduate level, either at a personal interview or through professional references and examples of previous academic work.
- You must also have mentoring support from appropriate personnel at your workplace for those modules with a clinical element.
Students who are undertaking modules that incorporate a clinical component conducted within a UK NHS trust need to be registered with UK Health and Care Professions Council.
Months of entry
January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December
Breast cancer care, diagnosis and treatment exist in a changing professional environment that requires practitioners to continually update and review clinical practice. If you are a registered healthcare practitioner working in the field of breast evaluation, this course is relevant to you.
This interprofessional programme enables participants to gain competence in the multi-skilled practice of breast evaluation. Shared learning for different healthcare disciplines is facilitated through a range of modules provided by collaborative partners at the Jarvis National Breast Screening Training Centre, Guildford, and at the South West London National Breast Screening Training Centre at St George's. By developing your multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis, care and management of breast disease, this programme enables the enhancement of service provision to the client requesting or requiring breast evaluation.
You may be granted credits for your previous academic and professional qualification through Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) scheme. An independent work-based learning module enables you to study around your individual CPD and workplace needs.
Information for international students
Please note: this programme is only available to home/EU students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Services and Programmes Office: PPD Programmes (KH)
- +44 (0)20 8417 5498