An upper second class honours degree, or equivalent.
Months of entry
This programme is designed to develop the core skills and knowledge that are required by managers in the arts and cultural sector. It will enable graduates to develop an understanding of the environment within which cultural and creative organisations operate and identify the issues that influence them.
Students will undertake a work placement with a cultural/creative organisation through which they will gain a practical understanding of the ways in which these organisations conduct themselves. The dissertation will allow students to identify a topic that they wish to explore in-depth which may be focused on a significant issue or issues that has impacted on the sector or specific industry.
- Research Theory and Methods
- Arts Management Practice
- Creative Industries Placement
- Personal Development
- Strategic Thinking in the Arts
Client organisations for the MA in Arts Management have included the FutureEverything Festival, Grundy Art Gallery, Horse and Bamboo Theatre, The National Trust, Dukes Theatre, Nuffield Theatre, Workshop Media, and other local and regional community arts organisations.
Our facilities include:
- A £10m contemporary arts centre with seminar and teaching spaces, performance and acoustic labs, public event and installation spaces, workshops, and fine art and design studios.
- The Nuffield Theatre: an established professional touring venue.
- The Playroom: a sprung floor black box studio.
- The TV unit: digital and video facilities together with professional production support.
- Computer suites featuring professional editing software.
- Several rehearsal rooms.
- Fine art studios for individual use (accessible 24/7).
- Fabrication workshops, photography lab and life-drawing room.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each element) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for information on funding: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/pgfunding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44(0)1524 510899