An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, and a Masters degree in an appropriate discipline plus a viable research proposal.
Months of entry
Applications are accepted for any area of study in the contemporary arts including fine art, design, film, music, theatre and dance. LICA has a thriving community of over 60 doctoral students and you will be supervised by staff who are leaders in their respective fields. Much of the research in LICA is outward looking, involving the wider public, professionals, and policy makers in the development and benefits of research.
LICA offers the opportunity to undertake research that integrates creative practice with theoretical or historical study, as well as offering more traditional research programmes assessed by thesis only.
Our facilities include:
· A £10m contemporary arts centre with seminar and teaching spaces, performance and acoustic labs, public event and installation spaces, workshops, and fine art and design studios
· The Nuffield Theatre: an established professional touring venue
· The Playroom: a sprung floor black box studio
· The TV unit: digital and video facilities together with professional production support
· Computer suites featuring professional editing software
· Several rehearsal rooms
· Fine art studios for individual use (accessible 24/7)
· Fabrication workshops, photography lab and life-drawing room
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in each element) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44(0)1524 510899