First degree in a relevant subject. Applicants with relevant professional experience and without a first degree should contact the Course Director.
Months of entry
The MSc in Clinical Research is an in-depth training programme which builds on the introduction to clinical research in the PgCert and the training in evidence-based medicine and specialist skills gained in the PgDip.
The programme provides an introduction to clinical research and applied methodological skills and enables you to translate research into practice. It can be taken as a one, two or three year programme.
You will develop and undertake a research project designed, delivered and submitted as a dissertation. This project is undertaken in your own professional context, under academic supervision.
· The Life Cycle of Clinical Research
· Methodological Foundations
· Translating Research into Healthcare Policy and Practice
· Practice-Based Dissertation
Plus optional modules including:
· Evidence-Based Improvement Science
· Quality Improvement and Measurement
· Drug Development (from concept to clinic)
· Philosophy of Research
· Infectious Disease Modelling
· Spatial Statistics
· Secondary Data Analysis
Information for international students
IELTS: At least 6.5 overall (minimum element scores apply).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- +44 (0) 1524 593 936