Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- IELTS 5.0 overall with at least 5.0 in each skill for entry to courses which require IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5; or
- IELTS 5.5 overall with at least 5.0 in each skill for entry to courses which require IELTS 6.5 with no skill below 5.5; or
- IELTS 5.5 overall with at least 5.5 in each skill for entry to courses which require IELTS 6.5 with no skill below 6.0.
- Please note, we can accept one skill at 0.5 below the requirement, except in writing.
Months of entry
June, September, October
This ten-week course is ideal if you need to improve your English language by the equivalent of IELTS 1.0 before starting your chosen degree. It is designed for international and EU students who already hold a conditional offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
Accredited by the British Council, this course will further develop your general language skills. It will also offer extensive practice of academic reading, writing and listening, and will develop your presentation and seminar skills. With its focus on preparing you for successful university study in the UK, you will have a firm grasp of UK university culture, customs and expectations upon completion.
Learning will take place in seminars with a maximum of 20 people in a class. You will have 20 classes per week, each class lasting 50 minutes. Please note, there will be no classes on national holidays. You will also have one-to-one tutorials with your personal tutor and you will have access to lots of self-study resources stored in our online library. Your assessments will include a mix of coursework which tests your reading, writing, speaking and listening; there will be no end-of-course examination.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress to your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
For students who need to improve their English language by the equivalent of IELTS 0.5, we offer a 5-week version of this course.
For students who need to improve their English by the equivalent of IELTS 1.5, we offer a 20-week version of this course.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time2.5 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Enquiries
- +44 (0)113 812 3113