Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have substantial English Language Teaching work experience.
Months of entry
As part of this course, you’ll:
- Learn about language acquisition, systems and teaching methodology and apply it to your language teaching practice
- Raise your awareness of linguistic discrimination and learn to create a truly inclusive language classroom
- Explore and practice language teaching pedagogy in a range of contexts including online
- Develop your identity and your communication skills as a language teaching professional through classroom and reflective practice in a supportive personalised learning environment
This practice-focused course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to teach any language in a traditional or online setting. Beginning with the theoretical and applied principles of language acquisition, your learning journey will culminate in the opportunity to apply your knowledge in practice, experiencing real-life language learning contexts.
Put your learning into context
This course will situate language teaching within a rapidly changing globalised socio-cultural context. You’ll addresses issues of linguistic diversity and discrimination and gain insights into how to apply these to the language classroom.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Enquiries
- +44 (0)113 812 3113