- A good 2.i in Creative Writing, English or related subject. - Personal portfolio of creative writing (2,000 words or equivalent). - Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on their own merit. - Places will be offered subject to interview. Please contact us for personalised advice on 0113 283 7123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Months of entry
Our MA in Creative Writing at Leeds Trinity was established in 2013, building on the success and popularity of our BA in English and Writing which has been running for several years. This MA puts the emphasis on "creative", giving you plenty of time to write and incorporating a creative element into every module.
The course aims to develop your writing skills in either prose or poetry, as well as fostering your creative and critical reading and exploring key issues relating to the publishing business. Taught by internationally renowned writers, it is designed to be as creative and practical as possible within the academic requirements of a postgraduate programme.
The MA in Creative Writing may be taken at your own pace, either 1 year full time or 2 years part time.
- Small group writing workshops (max. 12).
- Individual tuition with experienced writers.
- Expert insight into writing as a profession.
- Supportive, creative environment.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.5 in any component) or equivalent is the minimum requirement. Part time study is not available for international students on a Tier 4 Student Visa.
Fees and funding
UK & EU Students:
Tuition fees cost £3,500 a year for this course in 2016-17. Part-time tuition fees would be pro-rated accordingly to the number of credits you're studying. These fees will be fixed for the duration of the degree course. Find out more
Tuition fees cost £11,000 for this course in 2016-17. Part-time study is not available for international students on a Tier 4 Student Visa. Find out more
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||120|
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0113 283 7123