- The normal entry requirement for the MA in Education is an honours degree.
- In order to be able to fulfil the requirements of the module assignments, you will need to be working in a teaching or teaching related/support position/leadership position.
- Access to the course is through completion of a written application form.
- Applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirement may still be considered for a place following an application and informal interview process.
- Early application is advised as places are limited.
- The normal intake is in September each year.
- For applicants with prior credits from previous study, or with significant experience, a start in year 2 of the programme may be possible as a result of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) scheme.
- Applicants whose credits and/or experience are recognised through this scheme may also be able to gain direct entry to Year 2 of the programme.
The Admissions/RPL Tutor, Andrew Pearce, can provide more information on the RPL process and suggested entry points on +44 (0) 113 283 7100 ext. 433 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for personalised advice on 0113 283 7123 or email@example.com.
Months of entry
- The course is specifically designed for busy professionals, working in all educational contexts, to support reflective and evidence-based practice
- The course is a professionally relevant programme of continuing professional development for all those working in teaching/training/lecturing/support positions in education.
- The MA is a manageable part time programme taught by enthusiastic, dedicated and expert staff with significant experience of work and research in the field of education.
- Learning is supported through access to online library and journal resources, a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), and a specialist team of staff in our Learning Hub to support academic learning and development.
- The MA offers excellent value for money that leads to real benefits in terms of career progression and development.
Fees and funding
UK & EU Students:
Tuition fees cost £4,500 a year for this course in 2016-17. Part-time tuition fees would be pro-rated accordingly to the number of credits you're studying. These fees will be fixed for the duration of the degree course. Find out more
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0113 283 7123