- A good (2:2 or above) BA or BSc degree in a relevant area.
People with degrees in non-related subjects will also be considered, if they can demonstrate relevant paid or voluntary work experience and a commitment to study.
Additionally candidates without a BA/BSc may be considered where they can demonstrate evidence of equivalent prior learning and experience through Leeds Trinity assessment of APL.
- be a practitioner with normally six-months’ experience of ongoing engagement in work with children, young people and families;
- or have equivalent relevant paid or voluntary employment/work experience involving direct support of children, young people and families;
- be able to work with groups of children and access support from experienced professional colleagues
- support and agreement of employer through: confirmation of support for study, verification of experience and allocation of a mentor (pastoral support).
- or be willing to complete a family support placement – this is individually negotiated to fit with any current work commitments you may have.
- have a satisfactory DBS certificate to be accepted on to the programme. (You are likely to be working with vulnerable children and families).
Months of entry
The MA in Family support offers a flexible programme of study in a range of settings to support the acquisition of a postgraduate qualification to cater for the professional and academic development needs of family support practitioners and children’s services professionals.
- The MA in Family Support meets the need for professionals to develop the necessary academic and practice skills and competence to offer effective family support in a range of settings and to lead and manage family support services, which span social care, health and education.
- Students undertaking this programme of study further enhance their ability to critically reflect, to learn from evidence informed practice and to contribute to the development of practice knowledge.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any component) or equivalent is the minimum requirement.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0113 283 7123