- A good honours degree with a significant proportion in Business/Economics.
- GCSE Grade C (or 4, or accepted equivalent) in English and Mathematics. If you do not already have the appropriate GCSEs, or if you are unable to provide proof of your grades, we can accept GCSE Equivalency tests. Please contact email@example.com if you are unsure.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- The ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
Strong applicants also have experience in secondary schools.
NB: Candidates with third-class honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis, and normally only if candidates have additional qualifications and/or significant relevant professional experience.
For additional entry requirements, visit our website
Months of entry
Our PGCE Secondary Business course prepares you to teach in the 14 – 19 age phase. There are two stages to your PGCE Secondary Business Studies course. For more information, visit our website
Business is fundamental to many aspects of our lives and although not all 14 -19 year-olds will go on to work in business, all require a deep understanding of business knowledge and skills to navigate the world we live in. Business teachers, in both the academic and vocational classroom and through extra-curricular activities, help prepare all students for life. Business is a subject that motivates and engages many students and you are in an excellent position to harness this enthusiasm, bringing the subject to life with well-chosen case studies that 'hook' students into learning.
The Leeds Trinity PGCE utilises the latest research to enable you to understand and develop the key and pedagogical knowledge and skills essential for excellent treaching and learning in business education enabling students to appreciate its importance and relevance to them. This is achieved through rigorous, subject-specific professional training.
All our PGCE Secondary courses lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and the award of a level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
Why study with us?
Leeds Trinity University is a well-established and widely respected higher education institution with an excellent reputation for training teachers to work in primary and secondary education settings.
As the premier provider of teacher training in Yorkshire and the Humber region, we offer outstanding courses with strong school partnerships for aspiring teachers.
We offer a variety of routes into the teaching profession, as well as a wide variety of subjects and age phases. So you can select the route best suited for you and your future teaching career.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 0113 283 7123