- A good honours degree with a significant proportion in Computer Science and/or ICT.
- GCSE Grade C (or 4, or accepted equivalent) in English and Mathematics. If you do not already have the appropriate GCSEs, or if you are unable to provide proof of your grades, we can accept GCSE Equivalency tests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- The ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
Strong applicants also have experience in secondary schools.
NB: Candidates with third-class honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis, and normally only if candidates have additional qualifications and/or significant relevant professional experience.
For additional entry requirements, visit our website
Months of entry
Our PGCE Secondary Computer Science with ICT course prepares you to teach in the 11 – 16 age phase. It may be possible to gain experience of teaching post 16 during your PGCE and the qualification does not preclude you from teaching post 16 once employed. There are two stages to your PGCE Secondary Computer Science with ICT course. For more information, visit our website.
“The spread of computers and the Internet will put jobs in two categories. People who tell computers what to do, and people who are told by computers what to do.” –Marc Andreessen, Entrepreneur, inventor of Netscape
An in depth understanding of Computer Science is a key enabler of social mobility enabling children of all backgrounds access to rewarding and well-paid careers, every child deserves to be taught by expert teachers who know not only their subject in detail but more importantly how to teach to it. This is your chance to share your passion for your subject and inspire the next generation.
Our vision is to develop skilful and resilient teachers who are experts in Computer Science pedagogy, we focus on subject-specific knowledge, up-to-date teaching practices which are based on the most recent research and, most importantly, your specific needs as a trainee teacher.
All our PGCE Secondary courses lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and the award of a level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
Why study with us?
Leeds Trinity University is a well-established and widely respected higher education institution with an excellent reputation for training teachers to work in primary and secondary education settings.
As the premier provider of teacher training in Yorkshire and the Humber region, we offer outstanding courses with strong school partnerships for aspiring teachers.
We offer a variety of routes into the teaching profession, as well as a wide variety of subjects and age phases. So you can select the route best suited for you and your future teaching career.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 0113 283 7123