Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A good honours degree (2ii or above and preferably single honours) with a significant proportion of English.
- GCSE Grade C (or accepted equivalent) English and Mathematics
Months of entry
This PGCE programme is for graduates who wish to teach English in secondary schools. Leeds Trinity University offers Initial Teacher Training courses in a number of subject areas. Students are registered for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education qualification (FHEQ Level 7), and are recommended for the award of QTS to the DfE/NCTL.
- The secondary programme will prepare you to teach within the 11-16 age phase and opportunities can be provided to develop particular interests at Key Stage 3, 4 or post 16.
- We are a well-established provider of English teachers with strong links with schools in Yorkshire and across the North East.
- The employment rate of our students is very high. Our graduates take up teaching posts across the UK as well as within our partnership schools.
- The course is suitable for applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds who have the talent and desire to teach, and the ability to train to become the next generation of teachers.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0113 283 7123