- A good honours degree (2ii or above) in Mathematics, or a relevant subject with a substantial mathematics component (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Finance)
- GCSE Grade C (or accepted equivalent) English and Mathematics.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- Ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written Standard English, and to have passed the DFE Professional Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy. Find out more on the STA Education website.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
Months of entry
This PGCE programme is for graduates who wish to teach Mathematics in secondary schools. Leeds Trinity University offers Initial Teacher Training courses in a number of subject areas. Students are registered for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education qualification (FHEQ Level 7), and are recommended for the award of QTS to the DfE/NCTL.
- The secondary programme will prepare you to teach within the 11-16 age phase and opportunities can be provided to develop particular interests at Key Stage 3, 4 or post 16.
- We are a well-established provider of Mathematics teachers with strong links with schools in Yorkshire and across the North East.
- The employment rate of our students is very high. Our graduates take up teaching posts across the UK as well as within our partnership schools.
- The course is suitable for applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds who have the talent and desire to teach, and the ability to train to become the next generation of teachers.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0113 283 7123