- An honours degree
- GCSE Grade C (or 4, or accepted equivalent) English, Mathematics and Science. If you do not already have the appropriate GCSEs, or if you are unable to provide proof of your grades, we can accept GCSE Equivalency tests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in schools
- The commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to those of a primary teacher
- The ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
Strong applicants also have experience in primary schools.
Months of entry
When you work with primary-age children you really can make a difference every day. It might be the moment when a child starts to recognise letters and sounds, or learns to fasten their shoes independently; it could be when they’re inspired by a science experiment and understand chemical reactions for the first time; it might even be the day they finally get to grips with long division! In the primary classroom, children need motivating and engaging so that every day provides a new possibility to learn. There is nothing more rewarding than being the teacher leading that adventurous learning journey.
The 5-11 programme prepares you to build on the early childhood experiences that children bring with them to their first years of more formal schooling. You will build on best practice through experiences across the Primary age phase. You will have a placement in both Key Stage 1 and 2, so you’ll develop the skills needed to teach across the curriculum. By developing your knowledge of how children learn and retain information, you’ll support them through their formative years of education and help prepare them for the challenges of secondary education and their future careers.
All our PGCE Primary courses lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and the award of a level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education. For more information, visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0113 283 7123