- A good honours degree with a significant proportion in Religious Education.
- GCSE Grade C (or 4, or accepted equivalent) in English and Mathematics. If you do not already have the appropriate GCSEs, or if you are unable to provide proof of your grades, we can accept GCSE Equivalency tests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- The ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
NB: Candidates with third-class honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis, and normally only if candidates have additional qualifications and/or significant relevant professional experience.
At Leeds Trinity, we treat every applicant on their own merits and value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement. Strong applicants also have experience in secondary schools.
For additional entry requirements, visit our website.
Months of entry
Religious Education in UK schools is a rich and varied subject which allows pupils to consider big questions through philosophical, theological and sociological lenses. You will play a vital part in enriching young peoples' religious literacy and enabling their perosnal and spiritual development, and you will shape their ability to use philosophical reasoning to justify their own views.
Every year we welcome a diverse cohort of PGCE students from all faith backgrounds and those with no faith. You will be encouraged to consider the place of Religious Education within the wider curriculum and the importance of this vibrant subject and will have the freedom and support to dvelop your own approach to the subject and your own unique teaching style.
You will benefit from an experienced subkect specialist tutor and highly skilled mentors in our partnership schools where Religious Education is highly valued and well taught.
All our PGCE Secondary courses lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and the award of a level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
At Leeds Trinity, we have a long tradition of training graduates to teach Religious Education within both the faith and non-faith sectors. The course will incrementally develop and support you to become an independent, reflective teacher. For more information, visit our website.
Why study with us?
Leeds Trinity University is a well-established and widely respected higher education institution with an excellent reputation for training teachers to work in primary and secondary education settings.
As the premier provider of teacher training in Yorkshire and the Humber region, we offer outstanding courses with strong school partnerships for aspiring teachers.
We offer a variety of routes into the teaching profession, as well as a wide variety of subjects and age phases. So you can select the route best suited for you and your future teaching career.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 0113 283 7123