Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
• First class or upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (applications from students who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent), but have appropriate professional experience may be considered).
• Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS).
• Applicants without Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS) are able to apply if they are able to demonstrate experience supporting learners of a school age (18 years or under).
• We will also consider applications from professionals in related fields, such as speech therapists, educational psychologists and occupational therapists.
Months of entry
This Postgraduate Certificate aims to support teachers and professionals working in education to gain the confidence, knowledge and skills to identify, assess, plan, teach and support students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia).
Fees and funding
Module 1 only: £1,540
Full Programme: Full Postgraduate Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties (dyslexia), includes modules 1 and 2. £2,600.
Payment Plans are available for payment in instalments.
There will be additional costs for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance, core texts for each module and, for those progressing to module 2, you will be required to purchase diagnostic tests. Full details will be provided in the application pack.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Part-time, Blended Learning (including a combination of online and face-to-face sessions)* • Reflection upon workplace learning and practical activities. • Seminars and taught sessions. • Independent reading. *Please note all sessions will be taught online if necessary, dependent on our Covid-19 alert status and risk assessments.
Course contact details
- The CPD Team