Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
• First class or upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (applications from students who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent), but have appropriate professional experience may be considered).
• Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS).
• Applicants without Qualified Teacher status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS) are able to apply if they are able to demonstrate experience supporting learners of a school age (18 years or under).
• We will also consider applications from professionals in related fields, such as speech therapists, educational psychologists and occupational therapists.
Months of entry
This Postgraduate Certificate aims to support teachers and professionals working in education to gain the confidence, knowledge and skills to identify, assess, plan, teach and support students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia).
Fees and funding
Module 1 only: £1,540
Full Programme: Full Postgraduate Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties (dyslexia), includes modules 1 and 2. £2,600.
Payment Plans are available for payment in instalments.
There will be additional costs for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance, core texts for each module and, for those progressing to module 2, you will be required to purchase diagnostic tests. Full details will be provided in the application pack.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Both modules will be delivered on a part-time basis, through fully online* learning, including: • Reflective upon workplace and practical activities. • Participation in online webinars. • Access to the extensive Liverpool Hope University Library including e-books and journal collections. • Academic tutorial support via zoom and email. • Online discussion forums with academics and other students. • Online support from Liverpool Hope University including IT support and library support. In addition, there will be an opportunity to attend an optional meeting per module at the Liverpool Hope University Campus, Liverpool L16 9JD. *Online Delivery Pattern is Subject to Approval
Course contact details
- The PLD Team