Normally a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a relevant discipline. Applications from students who do not hold a 1st or 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) may be asked to demonstrate potential to achieve a Masters award via a sample of academic writing and interview before an offer is made.
Months of entry
Our Masters degree in Sociology is designed specifically to let you explore and see the social world in different ways. Together with active researchers you will be encouraged to challenge established wisdom while studying the intellectual canon of the discipline.
At Liverpool Hope we are driven by a desire to not just be passive observers of society but to be active participants in it. This means that we pay special attention to the interests and goals of our post-graduate students who wish to pursue their studies here.
Drawing on our vibrant and developing research culture we offer an inter-disciplinary, contemporary and relevant degree programme, drawing expertise from our interest in current sociological trends in Britain, Europe and globally. Studying for a Masters in Sociology is guaranteed to be an intellectually interesting experience, challenging assumptions on questions from race and culture to exclusion and austerity.
The Masters is a way of becoming a participant in sociological debate and analysis, whilst being supported in gaining an in-depth and critical understanding of the traditions and latest developments of the discipline.
Why choose Liverpool Hope?
- Ability to shape own studies – You will have the possibility to develop your own ideas and research interests, collect and analyse original data and participate in small group work and presentations. This work culminates in the opportunity to produce a final original dissertation project.
- Expert teaching and learning - Liverpool Hope University’s academic faculty has considerable teaching and research experience both in the UK and internationally. You will benefit from the knowledge of academics, professionals and practitioners within the discipline.
- Focused learning in small class settings - Students will have the benefit of focused teaching from dedicated specialists in a small group setting.
- Exciting new programme based on latest developments in the discipline - Liverpool Hope University’s MA Sociology has been written with a contemporary curriculum in mind ensuring that you gain the most up-to-date knowledge. This is a vibrant and exciting new post-graduate development in an up-and-coming research-focused department.
- Career development - Liverpool Hope University is renowned for its first class student support and career development. You will have a dedicated tutor available for one-to-one guidance on learning, academic writing and career planning.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK Student Recruitment
- +44 (0) 151 291 3111