You will be required to have:
- a UK honours degree (2.2 or above)
- GCSE Maths and English (for secondary level) or GCSE Maths, English and Science (for primary and early years levels) all at grade C or above (equivalents will be assessed on a case by case basis)
- teaching experience in a school other than the school you currently work in
- pass the professional skills tests for literacy and numeracy
Months of entry
The Assessment Only (AO) route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is primarily aimed at practitioners who are already teaching in a school or children’s centre and do not yet have QTS.
This assessment does not provide any training, so you must have several years’ experience in at least two schools and be employed in a school or children’s centre that is willing to support the process of your assessment.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time3 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7133 4202