- We normally require a second class honours degree 2:2 or above in a sport or exercise related field
- We would also welcome applications from students with undergraduate degrees in all sciences, maths and IT areas
- Alternatively prospective students who have completed the ISPAS accreditation and have extensive experience in the area will be considered via interview
- Prospective students who fail to meet some of the above criteria may be directed to some preliminary study e.g. Summer school or distance learning courses.
To begin the course you must complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and provide suitable references.Academic credit for previous study or experience
If you have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards your Middlesex University programme of study. For further information please visit our Accreditation of Prior Learning page.
Months of entry
Why study MSc Sport Performance Analysis at Middlesex?
Our pioneering programme is designed to prepare you for the certification requirements of the International Society of Performance Analysis of Sport. You will learn to design evidence-based, sport specific performance analysis interventions based on a needs analysis, and you will gain the practical skills essential for communicating with athletes and coaches.
You will gain experience in the sport and exercise environment through our work placement module. One of our partner organisations is Saracens Rugby Club, whose current players include England internationals Steve Borthwick, Owen Farrell and - our facilities at their nearby Allianz Park stadium boast world-class performance laboratories, rehabilitation units and testing facilities. Through our degree you will build invaluable industry contacts, and our graduates have gone on to work with such organisations as Tottenham Hotspur, the Rugby Football Union and the English Institute of Sport.Course highlights
- Based in London, we are surrounded the greatest density of top sports clubs and organisations in the UK.
- We believe that our graduates should be high achievers both practically and academically. As a result, we actively encourage students to publish their dissertation through peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- The majority of our staff are active sports professionals involved in coaching and sport performance. Able to maintain close links with industry, they can ensure current professional practice informs your studies.
- Small class sizes allow you to receive the personal attention required to thrive in your studies.
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Middlesex Enquiries