- We normally require a second class honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject
- We also consider candidates with NeBOSH Diploma and NeBOSH international Diploma or other relevant qualifications
- Those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate three years' relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
If you have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards your Middlesex University programme of study. For further information please visit our Accreditation of Prior Learning page.
Months of entry
A rewarding and ever-developing field, occupational health and safety involves ensuring people's welfare and wellbeing at work. From helping to prevent work-related illness and stress to understanding how motivation can impact on health, the work is varied and constantly developing. It allows you not only to improve the quality of people's lives, but to do so in an area where, owing to the very nature of the employer-employee relationship, it can often be hard for individuals to put their health first.
This course has a strong emphasis on practical skills, and you'll work on projects in collaboration with professionals. The University's strong links within the industry and professional bodies mean that this course is highly regarded and well respected internationally. Employers often invite applications from our graduates when they have a vacancy.
All course tutors are practicing consultants, which ensures that you will be studying the latest developments and practices. Many are also active in research and you will be encouraged to undertake research which will be recognised within the industry.
If you do not wish to study the full MSc, you can apply to the PGDip where you study only eight modules, omitting the Dissertation.Course highlights
- The course is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, which means you can become a graduate member of the institution when you complete the course, and can then gain chartered membership after two years' professional development
- You'll have access to the Barbour Index, the UK's leading source of health and safety information, including statistics, information on legislation changes and training guides
- Our excellent facilities include a specialist environmental and occupational safety laboratory where you'll carry out practical assessments, as well as specialist monitoring and other equipment
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Middlesex Enquiries