- The MA in Higher Education is for academics and professionals supporting learning in higher education and beyond including local further education colleges, other higher education Institutions, training providers and those with an interest in the sector.
- Applicants are usually employed in higher education organisations contributing to the educational process, and normally, have a graduate qualification, and/or extensive practical experience and an interview may be required in some cases.
- Advanced entry to the MA Higher Education can be obtained by students with relevant experience or qualifications in the following ways:
- Entry to the MA in Higher Education at diploma level can be achieved with a relevant UK Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCert HE) or equivalent.
- Entry to the MA in Higher Education at master’s level can be achieved with a relevant UK Postgraduate Diploma HE (PGDip HE) or equivalent.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
This MA Higher Education programme is intended to attract those interested in the study of Higher Education as its own field of study. The programme is designed to include an innovative range of modules which offer a wide exposure to the studies of higher education and reflect the changing landscape of Higher Education. It is based upon four onto-epistemological pillars of; philosophy, psychology, policy and pedagogical practice and their impact on institutional, national and global arenas.
This flexible and accessible course is aimed at academics and those supporting learning in higher education. The course explores the literature and best practice in teaching, learning and assessment together, to help students critique and apply generic and subject specific pedagogies and carry out related research across a broad range of disciplines and roles.
The programme offers an opportunity to continue studies beyond the PGCertHE level. If you have just completed your PGCert in Higher Education then you can progress onto the diploma level of this programme to continue your studies and professional development.
The programme has been designed within the UK Higher Education Academy (HEA) Professional Standards Framework. Students will be prepared to apply for the HEA Fellowship (After completing the PG Cert in Higher Education) or Senior Fellowship (After completing the PG Dip in Higher Education).
- This multi-disciplinary programme will offer opportunities for higher education practitioners to study the changing landscape of higher education, enhance scholarship practice and research.
- Offers higher education practitioners the opportunity progress and build upon their PGCert in Higher Education.
- The course is offered in block teaching format throughout the academic year to enable planning around work and personal commitments.
- Designed within the UK Higher Education Academy (HEA) Professional Standards Framework
Information for international students
We understand that moving to another country can be a very daunting prospect for many students, especially if it is their first time away from their family, which is why we make it our priority to ensure that international students feel welcome, settled and part of the community.
The University has over 4,500 students from more than 118 nationalities, and we encourage students to embrace the cultures of others as well as sharing their own. Events such as ‘World Food Day’ and our highly anticipated ‘International Day’ enable our students to celebrate and promote the culture and traditions of their home countries.
Dubai is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world, and there are so many things to do and see!
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Middlesex University Dubai
- +971 4 367 81 00