- We normally make offers on a 2:2 honour degree or above in an appropriate subject with an applied quantitative element
- Candidates with other degrees are welcome to apply provided they can demonstrate appropriate levels of experience
- Candidates without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level
Months of entry
Telecommunications engineering is a combination of electrical engineering and computer science. It covers the design, installation and maintenance of networks and equipment, allowing for the interconnectivity of devices and people. It's one of the world's most rapidly developing industries and this course has been designed to meet the growing demand for skilled graduates.
Why study MSc Telecommunications Engineering at Middlesex University?
This course provides a thorough understanding of modern and future communication systems and offers the opportunity to develop relevant practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving telecommunications sector where the demand for skilled graduates is very high.
Our strong links with industry have allowed us to develop a practically focused course, which is essential to the needs of the rapidly changing telecommunications industry. We work with companies such as Microsoft and Siemens, and we are a Cisco local academy – meaning you will have access to the latest equipment, and can make use of specialist teaching materials and workshops. The department is very active in cutting-edge research and you will be encouraged to learn, explore and work within our award-winning technology centre and telecoms laboratories. The labs are equipped with specialist hardware from National Instruments (NI), including the industry standard NI- USRP reconfigurable radio platform, and software such as MATLAB & Simulink, Cisco Packet Tracer, Riverbed Modeller, and EDX Signal Pro.
If you're not already in work, you'll have the option of doing a placement for up to 12 weeks, during which you'll work on your independent final project. We are very closely linked to our alumni students who have been employed in the UK and abroad with companies like BT, Amelco Ltd, Alcatel-Lucent, ZS Associates, Symphony Teleca, and F5 Networks.
- You will be taught by experts in diverse areas of research with contributions at international conferences and publications in journals
- Middlesex University is an official Cisco Academy and as part of your studies, you'll have the chance to work towards a Cisco CCNA professional certification
- The course is accredited by the British Computer Society for both Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and Chartered Scientist (CSci) status
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Purav Shah
- +44 (0)20 8411 5317