- We normally require a second class honours degree 2:2 or above in a related subject
- Candidates with other degrees are welcome to apply provided they can demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant experience
- Candidates without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant experience in robotics and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
If you have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards your Middlesex University programme of study. For further information please visit our Accreditation of Prior Learning page.
Months of entry
Why Study MSc/PGDip/PGCert Robotics at Middlesex University?
Our hands-on masters degree in robotics blends practice with theory to equip students with the skills, knowledge and experience they need for a career as a robotics engineer. The postgraduate degree includes significant time working in laboratories under the supervision of our expert teaching staff, many of whom have worked in robotics since the early days of the technology.
Over the duration of the course you will gain experience working with industry-standard equipment in our cutting-edge labs and workshops. You will also benefit from our close to links to leading industry organisations, be encouraged to enter national robotics competitions and supported to undertake industry work placements during the masters.
If you do not wish to study the full MSc, you can apply to the PGDip where you study only four modules or a PGCert where you study only two modules.Course highlights
- Learn in specialist facilities, which includes a wide range of robots, a £250,000 3D printer and Festo didactic automation training systems
- Undertake a major study project in the area you wish to specialise in
- Contribute to the wide range of robotics research being carried out in the school
- Course leader Professor Martin Smith is one of the UK's leading robotics experts and was a judge on BBC Two's Robot Wars for six years.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Middlesex Enquiries
- +44(0)20 84115555