- We welcome applications from students with an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above); a degree in Sport, Sport Science or Health would be advantageous
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree may be considered at our discretion
- Ideally applicants will have 1-2 years relevant experience in the sport and fitness industry
- Alternatively prospective students who have completed a lower equivalent qualification in a relevant subject and have extensive experience in the area will be considered via interview
- Prospective students who fail to meet some of the above criteria may be directed to some preliminary study (e.g. summer school)
Months of entry
The only masters in the country to focus purely on how to prescribe safe and effective physical activity, exercise and sporting participation to those living with the 18 most common chronic diseases in the UK.
The health and fitness industry has witnessed an explosion in recent years as more and more people realise the importance of exercise. With this comes new challenges for professionals who must consider the wide range of long-term medical conditions which could impact their clients or patients.
Our postgraduate degree promotes cutting edge professional practice, giving students the opportunity to undertake leading research and acquire the latest knowledge of effective practice prescription for special populations, under the supervision of highly experienced experts.
The course has been designed specifically for qualified graduates and health and fitness professionals, so understands that you will bring experience and working knowledge with you. We help you put this into context and develop it. During the course you will learn how to justify your professional decisions with evidence-based practice, and develop your professional understanding and accountability.
You might already have a Level 3 GP referral qualification, a Level 4 individual condition qualification or a BSc degree, but this Level 7 degree takes that knowledge to the highest level. At the end of the degree you will have a comprehensive understanding of 18 of the most commonly presented conditions and how to manage them singly or as comorbidities through exercise prescription.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details