A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in any subject. You also need to have a good basic level of numeracy equivalent to UK GCSE or above.
Months of entry
The changing business environment is driven by:
- technological changes
- customer preference.
This requires organisations to respond effectively and efficiently. Our Accounting, Finance and Strategic Investment MSc will enable you to develop:
- advanced understanding of accounting, finance and strategic investment. You'll advance the effectiveness and competitiveness of organisations
- quantitative and qualitative skills for evaluating and informing strategic decisions and investment opportunities
- professional attributes and investment and decision-making skills highly valued by international organisations.
You'll also learn transferable skills including:
- report writing
- personal and interpersonal skills
- presentation skills
- group working skills
- an appreciation of working in a multicultural environment.
This course brings together:
- innovative thinking
- fundamental theory
- real-life case studies.
It will enable you to develop a wide range of analytical and critical-thinking skills.
The course contains a significant part of both finance and management accounting. This provides the necessary tools for quantitative and qualitative assessment of corporate performance.
This master's dimensions reflect the fact that the degree is designed for those working:
- within organisations
- providing consultancy advice to organisations.
Information for international students
English Language requirements:
Direct Entry: IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills)
If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a pre-sessional English course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Degree Programme Director, Newcastle Business School
- +44 (0) 191 208 1503