A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in finance, economics or a related discipline.
Months of entry
Our Finance and Economics (Research) MA is designed to provide you with the essential skills, as well as an advanced knowledge and understanding of economics and finance, to proceed to doctoral research. It forms part of the 1+3 (Master's plus PhD) scheme under the North East Doctoral Training Centre.
Through the course you will develop:
- thorough understanding of social science theory, approaches and research methods
- understanding of research methods specific to finance and/or economics
- knowledge of advanced scholarship and practice in areas within finance/economics as well as a broader awareness of cutting edge research across the social sciences
- skills in data collection and analysis
- specialist analytical and problem solving skills.
The research training provided will also be valuable for many non-academic careers in research institutions or other knowledge-intensive environments.
Find out about our research areas and the staff who will teach on this course.
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 6 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Carolyn Watkin, Postgraduate Programme Secretary, Newcastle University Business School
- +44 (0) 191 208 1622