Clinical Applications in Psychology: honours degree (2:2 or above) in Psychology conferring GBC from the BPS.
Months of entry
The MSc in Clinical Applications of Psychology provides modules in aspects of psychology relevant to clinical practice, for students who are intending to apply to Doctoral programmes in clinical psychology or study a PhD. Whilst there is no guarantee that students will ultimately be successful in gaining entry to Doctoral programmes or a PhD, this course is also intended to strengthen your credentials and enable you to get the most out of your relevant experience. It is expected that most students accepted onto the MSc will be currently working in clinically relevant posts, such as psychology assistants, nursing assistants or therapy aides. As with other current Masters Degrees in Clinical Psychology this MSc is not BPS accredited.
Why study this course?
• Part-time programme.
• Delivered online with only one compulsory campus based induction workshop.
• The online nature allows students to continue to work alongside their studies.
• The delivery mode enables students to be geographically widespread.
• The programme is designed to strengthen student’s credentials for those who are intending to apply to Doctoral training programmes within Clinical Psychology.
• There are no examinations on this programme, all assessments are course work based.
• The applied nature of this course makes it valuable for any Psychology graduate wishing to develop their skills.
• The programme will provide students with the opportunity to study at post-graduate level several key topics related to the current practice of clinical psychology in the United Kingdom.
Fees and funding
For the most up-to-date course information please visit the course page on the Newman University website.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The programme is designed for Psychology graduates who are intending to apply to Doctoral training programmes in Clinical Psychology, and where the intention is to strengthen their credentials for the highly competitive entry process. This MSc will also equip students with advanced knowledge and research skills that would be desirable for graduates who have an interest in clinical psychology and clinical-related areas and intend to apply for further study such as a PhD or related doctorate programmes.
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||25|
|Dissertation||25 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Dr Melanie West
- +44 (0)121 476 1181 ext 2419