For detailed, and to-up-date entry requirements please visit the relevant course page on the Newman University website.
Months of entry
This course is accredited by the Universities Training College of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP).
The primary aim of the MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies is to facilitate students’ academic and practical professional development as part of the requirements for professional registration in psychotherapeutic counselling/psychotherapy. This allows them in order to be able to practice as Psychotherapeutic Counsellors or Psychotherapists in a range of public, private and voluntary sector contexts.
The MSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy provides an initial professional training in counselling and sets students on the journey towards becoming psychotherapists. It combines academic learning, reflection and clinical work. Principally aimed at providing an initial training in working with adults, the programme also includes an introduction to working with young people.
- Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy is an approach to therapy which draws on and synthesises a range of core models in counselling & psychotherapy.
- At Newman we particularly focus on Gestalt, Psychodynamic, and CBT models. This programme is based on a Gestalt – based assimilative integrative model.
- We place the therapeutic relationship at the heart of the model and of our way of working
Graduates will also be eligible to progress to our Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Studies. The completion of both the MSc Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy Studies, Certificate in Professional Practice and the Advanced Diploma may lead to eligibility for UKCP registration as an Integrative Psychotherapist trained to work with adults. This route to UKCP registration will take a minimum of 4 years and requires students to complete a minimum of 450 hours of supervised clinical practice.
Fees and funding
For the most up-to-date course information please visit the course page on the Newman University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faisal Mahmood
- 0121 476 1181 (Ext. 2391)